School District #75
Next door to the Old Settler’s Log Cabin at the Le Sueur County Fairgrounds, the schoolhouse serves as a memorial to the many one room schools that once dotted the Le Sueur County countryside. The little white schoolhouse, which served District 75, saw its last class of students in 1943. It was then moved to the fairgrounds to become an exhibit which includes original wooden desks, primers, maps, and pictures of U.S. Presidents George Washington and Abraham Lincoln that hung in the school to inspire students to noble ambitions. Thousands have visited since its grand opening held in 1958 to celebrate Minnesota’s Centennial year.