Ottawa Stone Church
One of the oldest Methodist churches in the State. It is one of seven native limestone buildings remaining in the village dating back to the mid 1800's. All seven buildings are on the National Register of Historic places. Located on the Minnesota River Valley Scenic Byway.
Important dates in the Ottawa stone church's history
1856 — Congregation changes their name from Minnewashta to Ottawa Methodist Episcopal Church.
1859 — Ottawa Stone Church built after land deeded from David and Hannah Patten. The land was sold for $15.
1968 - the Minnesota Annual Conference of the Methodist Church and the Methodist Church of Le Center, deeded the Ottawa Church to Le Sueur County Historical Society.
1982 — The Ottawa church was first listed on the National Register of Historic Places
2013 — The church was honored as United Methodist Historic Site Number 473